Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 54

Andy & Elder Anderson

Dearest Family and Friends,

What a fast week it has been. Holy cow. We have put into place the new plan Elder Duncan had told us about and wow does it work. We have a ton of new investigators and I really do feel like we are gonna make a huge difference here with this new plan. 

So Elder Andersen from the quorum of the 12 came to visit us this week! It was great to be in the presence of an apostle of the Lord! We had the opportunity to sing for him! it went great. all the elders put on the blue ties dad sent me. It went super well. I conducted to choir. Afterwards Elder Andersen shook my hand and congratulated us. He came also with Bishop Davies and Elder Maines of the 70. They both gave incredible talks. Then he started to speak. It was interesting because he spoke purely about the atonement of jesus christ. But it makes sense. He is a special witness that jesus christ lives, and he came to the mission only to testify to us that Christ lives! 

It was great to hear an apostle speak, but even more special was Andys baptism. Before hand he was feeling a little down because of one of his peers and couldnt focus on his baptism. We shared a few scrips before hand, got him pumped and we started the service. Let me tell ya, he was the easiest person Ive baptized on my whole mission! haha he bent his knees like a champ! But afterwards, as he and I were changing, he couldnt stop telling me how incredibly he felt. and how happy he was. That to me is what makes the mission worth while. Seeing how much Andy has changed and seeing how happy he now is. Im really proud of Andy. I feel as though he will be one of if not the most important convert I have. 

Well, Elder Godoy got his visa, so my beloved son is now leaving me :( ill get a new comp this week probably. Ive loved Elder Godoy. Probably my favorite comp. Hes gonna do great in Costa Rica. Now the crappy part is, Im staying here in San Juan for another month and a half! Its not too bad actually. I love this area so much and all the people here so, Im not upset really. 7 months isnt too bad ahah I might just buy a house here with how much time I have living here haha 

I burnt my shirt this week. I have photos but on Godoys camera and hes in tegucigalpa today so Ill send pics next week. 

Well. Life is great! I love you all. 

Always,
Elder Hodson
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment