Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Saturday, March 7, 2015

WEEK 52!!!!!

1. YEAR.
Dearest Family and Friends,

Yep. 1 year in the mission. This is kind of a big deal. How incredibly fast it has been. Sometimes I start to look back at this past year and think, "could I do it all over again?" "yep. easy peezy lemon squeezy."  But this has definitely been the most rewarding year of my life. One I will never forget! And Im so glad Ive written in a journal everyday for the past year, so now Ill never forget any of my experiences! 

So now that Ive hit a year, do any of you have any suggestions? Anything youd like to read differently in my emails?

This week has been awesome. We had our White Night! 8 people were baptized and in total there were 14 people in white clothing! I baptized Dunia, Ana Paola, And two investigators from the sisters. I baptized their sister a long time ago and they wanted me to baptize their whole family soooo. Bueno. And It made me sad, elkin was supposed to baptize dunia but he was too week and couldnt lift her out of the water, he almost dropt her and drowned her! hahahah so I had to step in and help out. But afterwards the ward made a cake and everyone was so happy and the spirit was so strong. It feels awesome to have a ward that supports you. 

Dalaai, the girl from last week, is progressing wonderfully. We went to her house one night at about 7 and we sat down and immediately she asked "whats the book of mormon?" so we started explaining and she said "how is it that Im 20 years old and have never heard of this book?!" so we gladly gave her once and she rejoiced to receive it! So held it dear and for the first time in my mission Ive seen someone actually rejoice to receive a Book of Mormon. 

Andy, a 17 year old teenager weve been teaching for a few months, never ceases to suprise me. Just when we think weve lost him, he shows up at church without us passing by for him. Funny story, we contacted his grandpa and brought him to church without even knowing theyre related! But Andy is doing great. Reading the BoM without being told to do so, and even went and did visits with us on sunday night! He really loves church and wants to be a missionary. The best part is, he really means it. He doesnt just want to be a missionary to travel or because we look cool. He really has found a love for the gospel. He wants me to baptize him before I leave this area, so he'll be baptized next weekend. What surprises me is that the kid is tall, handsome, super good soccer player, economically comfortable, yet hes humble. thats INCREDIBLY rare here in honduras or in the whole world. It shocks me how he could so easily be lost in all the wrong things, but he isnt! 

We had some funny experiences with some wildlife in the house. A giant scorpion and the biggest frog ive ever seen hahaha 

Welp. One year down. Im loving it. Ill send pics of my burning shirt next week! haha love you all! 

Always,
Elder Hodson
 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment