Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 51

Crazy fast week!

Dearest Family and Friends,

Hows everyone? I hope everyone has had great weeks. Mine has been incredible. And way too fast! I cant believe its already the week of the 28th! This week is gonna be so awesome because we have 10 baptisms in my district! Im so pumped! Were gonna have a "white night" and we are gonna invite president Klein to be there as well! Its gonna be awesome.

The Ortez family is progressing wonderfully. Theyre super excited for their baptism this weekend. We shared a scripture with them this week, and I learned something super interesting from this scripture. Mosiah 24:14 teaches us that the Lord will ease our burdens, but that we have trials for a purpose, so that we can be witnesses in the future that God loves us and will always help us! Isnt that interesting? I had never thought about that. It reminded me of my dad, and that he passed through a difficult trial of depression and anxiety while serving as bishop, but thanks to that trial, He was able to be a much better bishop and is able to testify to others that God will always help! I love that, and it makes me much happier and willing to except trials, because I know afterwards Ill be able to help others!

Eduardo is doing great. We had an awesome experience where we knelt with him and he asked God if everything was true. He expressed that all the noise from the neighbors huge radio and the dump truck outside of the house was completely blocked out, and that he felt a deep penetrating peace, and the greatest part was that Godoy and I felt exactly the same. 

We had an awesome experience this week contacting in the rain. We contacting a 20 year old girl and her little sister in the pooring rain. they invited us to sit on their porch and talk with us and I thought "eh, she probably just wants to learn english or something" but she then started to ask a ton of deep incredibly interesting stories. They dont go to any church yet they have an INCREDIBLE knowledge of the scriptures. They came to church with us the first time we invited them, which NEVER happens. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven!

Well, Im almost to my year mark! Im feeling great and I still feel new!
Love you all!

Elder Hodson

No comments:

Post a Comment