Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Week 34

Hola!

How is everyone this fine day?! Im great, because its actually cold here in Honduras today! Not cold enough to wear a jacket of course, but Im not sweating! what a miracle! haha I hope alls well in the states. i hope you all enjoy your warm water... I was crying for it this morning. Coldest shower of the mission  for sure haha

So this week was incredibly fast! And really great. The time is absolutely flying here. I cant believe I already have a month in this area! Its nuts for sure. 

So I went on divisions this week for my first time as a district leader! it was awesome. I went with a new gringo named Elder Brower from Idaho, Poor kid. Hes such a gringo!!! haha But he loves this mission and isnt baggy even though his spanish is terrible. Divisions are fun because it throws in an interesting twist with their investigators, but it actually helps them to have another elder there that theyre not confident with! We had a lesson with a guy named Olbin, who is absolutely awesome, but has always struggled praying in front of the elders! But with me there, and a little coaxing, he prayed! It was great. I also love being DL because I get to do baptismal interviews! I love that part. The testimonies of other people who only have a few weeks of visiting the church  is mind blowing! It strenghtens my testimony every time! 

Quick funny story. Last night while eating dinner, the chair I was sitting in snapped and I went tumbling to the floor! It was hilarious! it looks like im getting fat! haha 

We  had an  awesome activity this week. I love this ward because they actually help us! We had a movie night in the chapel! I made a ton of popcorn (my Popcorn girl skills are kicking in!!) and we watched the testaments! it was awesome and a ton of people showed up! Then we had a speed dating type activity after so that the investigators could get to know the members better! it was awesome. 

We are putting on another sale tonight to help a family we are teaching get married and baptised! Hes a member but the wife isnt, but theyve wanted to get baptised for a year now, and no one has had the idea to do anything about it until I got there! But yeah with the help of the ward it should go great!

The mission is awesome. I love it here. I miss you all of course, But theres no place Id rather be!

Always,
Elder Hodson
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment