Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, October 13, 2014

Week 32

BIG NEWS

Dearest Family and Friends,

I cant contain my excitement! I have to tell all of you about the biggest change in my life that happened this week! On saturday night......

 
WE GOT AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!! I have never slept so soundly in all my life. I will never take A/C for granted ever again! I love it so much. ha! Our landlord is the husband of a recent convert, and he is a man of his word. Hes awesome. He told us tuesday we were getting a/c and by saturday, all done! The first night in 6 months when I didnt have to have my fan blowing in my face all night long! 

So things here in Nuevo San Juan are going great! Fun fact: I got oveer 30 bug bites this week! haha so I finally started using bug spray. Im just too lazy to put it on twice a day! But yeah, this week was incredibly fast. I really like the area, even though we dont have many investigators. We give a ton of service here! Always cutting the weeds with machetes, helping people clean their houses, or whatever service possible! Thats the best part of my new comp. He loves serving others. 

Weve been working here with the many innactive members of the ward in our area, and we've seen some success! Yesterday 8 less active people showed up. It was awesome. We want our own branch of the church here in nuevo san juan. Its hard for people to travel 15 minutes by bus to the chapel. Its really not that hard, just the hondurans are a lazy people haha But our ward is AWESOME!!! We actually have priesthood leaders! The ward is huge, we had 190 at church yesterday. And the bishop is awesome. We had a meeting with him yesterday, and hes definitely a man of action. Im pumped to work with him. 

We have some great investigators, some that even pay tithing! But they are, what you wouldd call, "eternal investigators" But they all are very special. One investigator we have, is a 15 year old named Elkin. Hes awesome. The missionaries found him only 2 weeks before I came. The poor guy has a terrible in grown toenail! Its kinda gross. super infected. But the kid still comes to church in his flip flops! Hes awesome. So the ward secretary is a nurse, so this morning and 5 we dropped him off at the hospital, and hes gonna get him all fixed up. Elkin is our best bet for the next baptism we will have. Hes a simple teenager, but with a heart of gold. He already has a testimony, and he knows this church is true! 

Well, a quick funny story to close. We took the last bus home the other night, so there was a ton of people waiting. Luckily we made it in first, because we ended up squeezing 30 people into it! To put that into context, these arent busses, these are 10 passenger vans! haha  It was so full that people were outside of the bus hanging on to the railing on top! It just so happened to be raining! And these bus drivers are nuts! They floor it all the time! haha it was quite entertaining!

Well, the mission is great. Always loving it! I love this work and Im greatful for the chance to have a new trial ahead of me!

Always,
Elder Hodson

No comments:

Post a Comment