Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 31

Welp,

how gigantic of a change this has been for me! New area. New assignment. New comp. New house. Its all new! But unlike the first time, Im super pumped. This area is gonna be hard but Im ready for a challenge.

So first. My area and ward. Nuevo san juan is a little colony 10 minutes by bus away from the chapel. Its a branch extension of the ward La Paz. The chapel is super high tec and awesome where we have our change meetings every six weeks. The ward members are great and all have money.... But we are in a super poor area. Because we are an extension, we have no member support from the ward leaders. They stay in their nice areas and dont venture into our neck of the woods... so we are alone out here haha this area is pure houses. Houses as far as you can see. So theres definitely some work to be done. 

My comp, Elder Chicaiza. Hes the man. We get along really well. Hes super prideful and loves to talk about himself, so I just tune him out and let him go. But hes super funny and we have a good time together. Were good friends. He has the same time as me so neither one of us feels above the other. Hes 25 and from ecuador. He loves to travel. And loves to study. He stays up reading by headlamp till 3 am every night. Its crazy. Im out at 1030 haha

How was GC for everyone?! I loved it. It was so awesome. My favorite talk was saturday afternoon by Elder Jorg Schwarzennegar!!!! hahah jk Jorg Klebingat. It was pure machete! sometimes youve gotta cut peoples branches. If the branches are bigger than the roots, the tree with fall! I loved all 6 of his suggestions to have confidence before the Lord. Especially when he said "Choosing bad instead of worse is still choosing bad" hahahah!!! HOW BOLD! I LOVE IT! Im gonna teach my district his talk next week. Im pumped.

Being District Leader is fun. I love calling at night time and helping the other elders and sisters out. I just love being their friend! And showing my love for them. I have a district of 12, which is huge for a district. Its more like a mini zone. So im always up late calling around for everyone. But its quite fun. I have 6 sister missionaries.... Im definitely praying for help from God for this one!!! HAH!!! jk my sisters are beasts and work hard.

One frustrating/spiritual experience. We have a ton of less actives in this ward that were working with. One of them, Francis, came to the conference, She doesnt have a ton of money, so she came in the best clothes she had, and another sister there, offended her and told her she couldnt be there in those clothes! HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT!!! To make it worse, she brought a non member friend! I was blown away at the audacity of that lady. We sat down with her at night time to help her out. I felt the impression to share 1 Ne 8, Lehis dream. Lehi tells us of their "fine clothing" and how the pointed and made fun of those partaking of the fruit. He then gives counsel, tellling us not to give heed to their words, and all those who heeded their words were lost. We shared this with her and she became reanimated. It was a great experience for me of how I wasnt thinking about anything, just listening, and the spirit told me what to say.

Well. The mission is great. Love you all. 
Elder Hodson
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment