Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Week 33

Dear Family and Friends!

I HAVE SO MUCH TO WRITE AND SO LITTLE TIME!!!!!!

Story number one. Today was the best zone pday ever! We played coca cola drinking games!!! We had a tournament and me and my little nicaraguan partner sister olivas won! You should all be proud. Growing up in vegas payed off! haha Then we had some awesome pizza for lunch. It was so fun. I have a ton of pics that Ill send next week. I forgot my cord to my camera. 

Number 2.
Elkin is doing great, and now we are teaching his whole family. They love us more than anything. His mom started crying in a lesson! She had been passing through a ton of trials and to have our love and support and the love and the support of the ward has helped her so much! She really feels Gods love. They are our greatest hope of a baptism here. I know they will be baptised. Funny thing, her little 5 year old Kevin, is always winking at me. He learned it from the tv. Its hilarious. I just hope he doesnt wink at the elders when hes grown up!!! hahahah!!! 

Number 3
In a different area, santiago, the near by rivers had flooded, so the missionaries had to be emergency rushed out, so right now we have 2 other elder living with us in our tiny house! haha we sleep all 4 in our tiny rooms with their mattresses on the floor! Its actually really fun. I love the other two as well. With their helo, we acheived 43 lessons this week. Which was awesome. The most Ive ever taught. And the future here in san juan is looking very bright! Im pumped to serve here now. I wanna spend christmas here! 

Number 4
We threw a suprise birthday party for our cooks daughter, they didnt have enough money, and there was no way we were gonna allow for her to go without, so we threw her one! She was so happy! And then Elder Chicaiza threw an egg on her head, I have it on video. Its great. Their family loves us. They were inactive for the past 8 months, but they are now re activating! Its one of our greatest succeses! When they didnt see me this week because I was with the other elder from santiago eating at another members house, they told chicaiza to tell me they missed me! Haha theyre great. 

Number 5
Yesterday was one of the best sunday of my mission. The whole ward council came to our area, which is far away from the rest of the ward, to visit our investigators and all the less active members in our area! The spirit in san juan was so different yesterday. You could tell the Holy Ghost was their with us and it made such a huge difference in the Life of so many less actives to see the wards support! I loved every minute of yesterday. We have an incredible ward. even though they cant always come out so far to us, it goes to show how amazing and willing they are. 

Well family and friends. this week has been a huge testimony builder for me. I love the mission so much. I know this work is true! I love you all!

Elder Hodson

No comments:

Post a Comment