Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 35

Hola,
Hows everyone doing?! Can you believe I have 8 months?! its mind blowing!!! Time is so weird here. I feel like I just started the mission yesterday, but I also feel like Ive been a missionary my whole life... its quite weird. But I love the mission. Its been an incredible 8 months.
Well, I dont have a ton of time to write. Only 10 minutes, so Im gonna make this fast!

Today was an awesome pday! We went to one of the best cities in Honduras, Tela! Its super clean and the beaches and super pretty! We played a ton of volleyball, it was awesome! I took a ton of pictures but the internet is super slow today so I cant send them, but I will next week!
Monday night we had a sale of Balleadas, traditional Honduras tacos. Cheap and delicious. We made 1500 lempiras and we were able to help a couple get married! The Husband, Javier, is a member and his girlfriend, Yolani, is our investigator. Theyve been trying to get married for years, but theres never been missionaries who have been able to get it done! But Elder Chicaiza and I are Men of our word! The sale went great and it was awesome to see the hand of the Lord working with us. Everything turned out well and they should be married and baptized next weekend!
On Friday this week, we had an awesome activity with all the young single adults in our whole stake! We did a huge super contact and went to all our areas! It was great to see the support of so many young members of the church with us! I went out with a young man of 18 years who is a recent convert of 2 months! He was so pumped to be with me! It was awesome to see someone who loves the gospel so much and wasnt just quitely accompanying me, he actually wanted to teach! And he was doing a great job! Afterwards they invited us to play sports for a little afterwards, so we stayed, ate lunch at the stake center, and played soccer and ping pong. I had to have played 50 games of ping pong. I only lost once. I come to find that my ping pong skills become more useful as I get older! hahaha jkjk
Well, Its been a great 8 months, and Im pumped for the next 16! As of right now, we should have 2 baptisms in the next two weeks, and many more in the future! I love the Lord, and I love serving him!
Always,
Elder Hodson

No comments:

Post a Comment