Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week 36

Dear Family and Friends,

Happy Monday everyone! Once again, sitting here in the internet cafe. Its so frustrating how slow the interntet has been these last two weeks! Ive been trying to send photos! But nothing is working. Its annoying. Hopefully the internet gets working better before I leave and I can send off some pics.

Hows the states treating everyone?!?! Whats new over there?! We´re getting close to thanksgiving, and then just a short month later till christmas. Im interested to see what christmas is like in the mission. I thought birthdays were gonna suck, but I enjoyed my birthday a ton! So I feel like Ill enjoy christmas as well. I mean, I somehow find a way to enjoy every situation. Im a silver lining type of guy haha

So this week has absolutely flown by. I really dont know what to write... But I think I have some good stories for you. I hope. haha

Well, I went on division with my zone leader, Elder Carroll. Which is always a bad idea because hes become my best friend on the mission. Its a party whenever we are together. haha But we had probably the most interesting lesson of my life. An investigator named Cesar, has "decided" to start attending church with his wife at her church. Really it has come from her fighting and pressuring him. But the problem is, he has received an answer that this is the true church! So we began very nice and calm talking to them, but she wanted to fight! haha So to make a long story short, Elder Carroll told her that she was fighting against God and that makes her satan! hahahah I couldnt help but laugh. She got ticked and got up and left, so then we could speak peacefully with Cesar. Im still laughing about how priceless her face was. Good times. 

So our investigator, Elkin, is getting baptized this saturday!!!!!! He is such a stud. That kid keeps his word! If we didnt pass by his house, hed go to church no matter what. Im so proud of him! And its weird, because I feel like hes progressed without us pushing him at all. In a few short 3 years, hes gonna be an awesome missionary. He wanted to be baptised this saturday that passed, but because he hadnt fulfilled the requirements of church he couldnt get baptised. He looked so depressed! And then so determined to go to church no matter what! Hes super dope. Im way pumped for his future. 

So we had an incredible experience this week. We went out looking for a few references we had received. Aaaaand we had no luck finding them! ha it was a tad frustrating because there are no addresses here in Honduras. Just "yellow house by the school" WHAT?! haha but as we were searching, it started to rain. We ducked under a porch to put our scriptures in bags. Then the temptations to stay dry and wait it out hit us. But I was not going to give up searching for this reference!!!!As we walked back out into the rain and started searching we heard " Hi elders!" From some random guy. He was walking with his friend Javier. They invited us inside and we started sharing the gospel. It turns out the guy is an incredible member of the church who lives in another area but is from Nuevo San Juan and goes visiting his family and friends every week! This man is awesome! His name is Hernan, and we could just let him teach! He knows the lessons like the back of his hand and teaches as good as any missionary. And He knows a TON of people here in San Juan that hes going to help us with! Javier is going to be a great investigator and Hernan, and incredible tool in the work of salvation. If we hadnt have kept walking, we never wouldve met them. I now have a testimony of the blessings of working hard, regardless of weather conditions! 

Well, the mission is great, I love it. I know this church is true. And I know the Lord works with us.

Always,
Elder Hodson

No comments:

Post a Comment