Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Week 66

Hola.

Dearest Family and Friends,

Hows everyone doing? Life is FLYING!!!! Were in June! The second year of the mission goes so much faster. Its pretty incredible really, you reach a point in your mission when you feel like you can do it all. As a proselyting missionary, I feel like Ive gotten there. Obviously I cant think that Im the perfect missionary, because I still make mistakes, but nothing scares me anymore. And thats why I think the mission is going so fast now. You get to that point where youre on it everyday and you just get it done! So Im loving it. But now what Im learning is how to deal with a crap ward haha I love this area. I love the people and I love all my investigators and I just love working here. But I hate going to church haha This ward is terrible. But hey. Im not gonna worry about it. Im just gonna go out and baptize new leaders! Cuz thats what we need! New leaders! 

So weve had an awesome week. Weve worked super hard. And were seeing results! Jairo is doing great. This week we went to go visit him with a member of the stake presidency. We thought president zavala was just gonna pump him up but he helped in a much bigger way. Jairo has a little adopted brother, but his biological family came and took him away. He and his family had been suffering greatly, and miraculously enough, president zavala had passed through the same thing only 6 months before hand. There was a great spirit there and it really helped Jairo. The next day we went back to see him and asked if he had received his answer or not, but he responded "the same as always, I just feel peace everytime I ask. But I know thats God responding. I really do know its true." So we put a baptismal date! He turns 22 on July 2nd so were gonna baptize him on that day. 

We saw another awesome miracle this week. Some recent converts who are incredible in this ward, Maria and Carlos, invited all the missionaries to their house for a birthday lunch for their mom. They had always tried with her, but they could never crack her! Shes a hard one! But we spent a moment with them laughing and telling stories. When we left, she told her kids, I wanna be happy. I want the elders to teach me. Im ready. We're not teaching her, but its always awesome to see miracles. 

Ive decided I need to share my joy with all of you, its selfish to keep all of my hilarious stories from my comp to myself! So Ill tell you all one each week. My favorite story from this week would have to be thursday morning. My comp never washes his plates after using them. His milk just sits there till the next mornings cereal. So thursday he stood up with his bowl, and I thought "finally hes gonna wash that". I was wrong. He walked behind me, grabbed his dirty sheets off the floor, and started cleaning his bowl of day old dried milk with his dirty sheets!!!!! Yeah. I gave it to him good. Weve laughed about it everyday. He realizes that he needs to change his bad habits, so we're having a good time trying to change those haha 

Well, I love you all! enjoy some good pics!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment