Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Week 68

Who knew popcorn girl would come in handy!

Dearest family and friends,

How is everyone doing this week? once again, another great week in the mission. Every week is different. But every week is good.

Remember the Silva family? THEYRE SO DOPE! The mom, Elsa, asked such a golden question. "I know there has to be only one true church, its not like every church can be true. But what happens if I never find the true church and I die?! Do I go to hell?!" Boom. baptisms for the dead. She loved it. 

We also found another golden investigator named Jaime. Hes 19 and goes to an evangelic church but he understands that his church is false. How awesome is that?! We challenged him to baptism and he said "of course. If its true then I have to be baptised there" I asked him "so it doesnt bother you that we challenged you to baptism...." and then he interrupted me and said "and that youre basically saying that Im in the wrong? no, not at all. If it wasnt that way you wouldnt be here as missionaries!" dang. He even knew the word apostasy before we taught him! so cool haha hes super smart. And he wanted to buy the Book of Mormon, and when we gave it to him.he was shocked! 

So we had a ward movie night and watched meet the mormons! 120 people showed up! It was awesome. It was raining and the people here in honduras are made of sugar and will melt in the rain, so it was a miracle that 120 people showed up! Our ward rented a popcorn machine, so of course I had to put my experiece to the test! I made popcorn all night long! I felt like I was in high school again! haha I never thought my high school job would come in handy. I used to complain always because they worked me so dang hard and never paid me extra, but in reality Im glad that they abused me! Because now Im working even harder and I dont get paid at all! Funny how God prepares us at all times huh?

Well. Ill leave you with a scrip.John 15:15  No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you." If we do exactly what He wants from us, we are his friends, and through the Spirit he reveals to us all things. If we just serve with half of our heart and mind, were just servants, and our service is good for nothing!

I love you all!
Elder Hodson
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment