Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 22

Dear Family and Friends,

Can you believe it? five months. It has gone so incredibly fast. the days feel like weeks, the weeks feel like years, and the months feel like minutes haha 

HOW IS EVERYONE?!?! I hope all is well in the states. Today was a fun pday. we got permision to watch Cars 2.. So I was really baggy thinking about my nephew milo the whole time! haha

So first, I just wanna say, I CAN HEAR!!! I went to the doctor this week and he took out two giant rocks made of ear wax from my ears. it was awesome. I now have the hearing of an eagle. The next few days after i could hear every conversation from a mile around me. It doesnt help that Im already a nosy person haha 

And my health is good. And nothing will take away my love for KFC. I ate it again today haha 

So this week was awesome!!! Plenty of spiritual experiences. First, tuesday. My companion was at the breaking point. He wanted to go home more than anything. I am so grateful to be a trainer because my testimony grew so much as I was able to testify to him of how great the mission is, and how hard going home is. It was great to help my "son" stay here, and our relationship grew so much because of it. I love my son! haha I love training.

Funny story from wednesday, We sat down in a lesson with two of our investigators, and then the husband came out, who we had never met, and we started to talk about what they know about the church and he started going on and on about the restoration... I had to ask how he knew so much. He responded, laughing the whole time, I was an elder as well a few years ago! WHAT?!?! I was so shocked and actually a little upset that they didnt say anything. It was really quite funny. Theyre an awesome family with a front gate that looks just like ours at home. Its a nice little reminder of home ;)

Friday, we taught a 21 year old guy whos the nephew of a member.... TOTALLY IN ENGLISH! It was so weird. But he totally understand the gospel and the need for a prophet! Its so awesome! He came to church and did great. I have high hopes for him. His name is clinton and he lived in the states for his whole youth so he speaks better english than spanish. 

So sadly, Isamar dropped us this week. She fell into doubts on friday night then decided that she wanted to return to the catholic church. We left her with mosiah 28:3 that talks about we cannot support the thought of one human soul perishing. As we left you could already see it in her eyes that she knew she was making a mistake. Her whole family loves the church, so I have no doubt she´ll come back. We´ll just give her space. But hey, alma 29:10 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!

But that would take away the need for faith soo... we cant.

This has been a great week for me even with the baptism falling. My faith has grown tremendously. I now actually love contacting and finding new people. Before it always gave me anxiety. I absolutely love the mission and am so happy Im here. 

I wanna leave with my new favorite scripture. It rivals 2 ne 4:30

Alma 29:10

10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.

Photos:
PING PONG!!! Yeah. We make due with what we have. It was quite fun. Im training my comp to be a pro like me haha

How far Ive gotten into my jaw breaker thus far
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment