Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Week 21

CURSE YOU KFC!!!

Dearest Family and Friends,

This has been a week of trials, but for some strange reason, Im still so happy!!!! I dont understand. The world is backwards when youre on the mission. hahah so I dont want to write you all so that you can worry about me, I want you to see that when we are grateful for trials and depend more on the Lord, we are blessed with inner peace and joy.

Remember Fernando? Well, a drug trafficker randomly showed up to his house unannonced and threatened to kill him... So his mom moved him to guatemala. Im gonna miss that kid. Hes been like a little brother to me. 

A family of gold weve been teaching for a few months almost got a divorce this weekend. But luckily the Bishop had an interview with them and saved their marriage. Phew. I love that family, Ill take pictures with them and send them this week.

Sunday morning, our investigators house got broken into at 6 am.... So they didnt go to church. Gotta love when someone elses agency gets in the way of someones salvation! 

Friday, I got hit with a monster fever. So we stayed in the house. For dinner, our cook couldnt make us dinner, so we called kfc to come deliver. I figured it was a good idea to eat some simple chicken nuggets and mashed potatos and it wouldnt do me any harm. I was wrong. hahah elder Ruelas and I both got some good food poisoning! It has sucked. But weve still tried hard to leave the house this weekend and forget our problems and focus on those of others.

So there has been a few of the trials we have gone through, and theres still more that I just dont feel like writing.... But Im still so happy!!!! I dont understand why!! I shouldnt be! It must be that as representatives of Christ, as we go through trials, we go through them with Christ. And then our burdens are made light! The promises in the scriptures are so true. He makes our burdens light and we are able to walk with him in peace and joy.

Elder Ruelas and I are getting along great. I treat him like a little brother. I wrestled him down and gave him a wet willy and a nuggy the other day. It was pretty funny. Its awesome to be able to help your companion learn and grow. Right now, hes struggling with his desire to stay on the mission, but Im working my hardest to lift up his spirits and keep him here with me! 

But after all that is said and done, this was still a great week. Isamar is progressing towards her baptism this saturday. Shes incredibly prepared for baptism and shes gonna be a great addition to the ward here. We´ll work hard this week to get her baptism set up perfectly. Ill definitely have better pictures to send next week!!! 

Well, I love you all. I know this church is true. When all is said and done, the inner peace and joy I feel is indescribable. I have the same wish as alma had in the book of mormon "Oh I wish I were an angel" so that I could show people the truthfulness of the gospel, but that would take away their agency soooo.... I cant. But to some people here in Honduras, we are angels. And Im so happy to be here. 

Always,
Elder Hodson

Photos: MILO AND REESE!!!! I couldnt believe it when I saw it! Hope you enjoy that chels! Its at kfc haha 

It was Rositas birthday this week, so we had a fun party. Me, Elder Coj, Elder Rodriguez, Elder Ruelas

No comments:

Post a Comment