Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, July 21, 2014

Week 20

20 weeks. thats super nuts. thats 1/5 of my mission right there..... AHHH!!! Its so weird. Time here makes no sense. its going so fast and is crawling at the same time. Im just trying my hardest to lose myself in the work and cherish everyday we have. 

Things are going great here with Elder Ruelas and I! We are becoming great friends and always have a great time. Im not only training him in the mission, but training him for life! Im always getting on him to pick up his dirty clothes, because our tiny little apartment isnt big enough to keep dirty clothes on the floor haha whenever I get on him he tells me "man, you know I love you, but I hate you so much!" haha hes great. I´m worried sometimes that hes gonna get him by a car because he walks around all spacey but hey. he´ll figure it out! haha

so things are going great here in La Ceiba! We had a great week. I really dont know what to write this week. We had a great experience this week with Margot, an investigator I wrote about a few weeks ago. We hadnt taught her in a while, and I have no idea why not. Elder Perdomo just never wanted to! haha it was weird, but we went to teach her the other day and went over everything we taught in the past and she told us about how confused she is and how she wants to follow the savior but doesnt know the right path. She had been praying for the truth. And miraculously we showed up the very next afternoon. She didn´t attend church this week, she has challenges with outside forces. 2 other churches are competing for her attendance, and she feels bad telling them no when they show up in taxi or bus haha but were gonna try our hardest with her this week and see if we can work that out.

My spanish has really improved these last two weeks. Ive had an ear infection and so my left ear has been clogged so I have really payed the closest attention and relied more on the Lord. And its showing!

I think our next baptism will be a young adult named Isamar. Weve been teaching her and her family for 2 months now and theyre my favorite. We go to their house at the end of really hard days just to lift our spirits! haha Isamar had a baptismal program set and everything but if fell through because her catholic boyfriend had been feeding her lies. But weve been working hard with her and shes progressing super rapidly again, and always talks about how she wants to be the mission nurse when she goes on her mission! haha shes pretty awesome. Shes been catholic her whole life and her whole group of friends are catholic as well, so she has a challenge there in front of her, but I know with the Lords help she will be baptized. 

Well family and friends, I love you all! Although the mission is full of challenging times like now, we can always confide in our lord and savior Jesus Christ. I know he lives and suffered for me. I know this church is true. I am reading the Book of Mormon in spanish and it contains the same spirit in any language. I know it is true with every fiber of my being. If you have not read it, you must. It will change your life.

Love always,
Elder Hodson

Photo: COLORED CHICKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment