Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Week 19

Dearest Family and Friends,

A good stressful week! haha I dont have a ton of time today, so this will be short. But my next email will be better I promise!

Saying good bye to perdomo wasnt fun. Im gonna miss that goof ball!!! But hes in an area with bicycles and is district leader out there! So hes doing great.

So yep, Im training! Its quite stressful I wont lie! But my "hijo" is really awesome! His name is Elder Ruelas. Hes from texas, and hes mexican, so he speaks basically fluent in both english and spanish, but he speaks really hard to understand spanish, so we speak to each other in english. But hes pretty great. Hes a clean slate, so its fun to teach him and show him the ropes! Hes like a big cuddly loving teddy bear, with a head full of cotton hahahaha just kidding. Hes super cool. I wont lie, training can be stressful. I definitely struggled with anxiety this week, thinking about how I was gonna be able to handle training when I still feel so new... But I have a giant testimony of 1 nephi 3:7, that the Lord never gives us commandments if he doesnt think we can accomplish them. I know I can do this! If I couldnt, the Lord wouldnt have given me this chance. So now Im just focusing on whats directly in front of me and not focusing on anything else but that. I just gotta take it one step at a time! And its good for me to train, because Its like Im retraining myself. Elder Perdomo never really wanted to do the training program, so Im enjoying learning from the program! And its awesome to be able to help your fresh companion as he struggles with that first week of missionary service and wanting to go home, and you have the chance to help someone stay on the mission. Its awesome. Training is awesome because its not only teaching investigators and changing their lives, its changing the life of your companion as well. 

I love the mission. Life is wonderful, stressful, spiritual, tearful, and all worth it!!!

Love,
Elder Hodson

photos

1elder esplin and I have been in this ward together since I got here. Hes the man.
2Elder perdomo and I twinning on our last night playing futbol with all our investigators
3 I FOUND BAJA BLAST AND VOLTAGE!!!! best day of my life haha
4 Elder Ruelas, My son



No comments:

Post a Comment