Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Week 23

Querido Familia y Amigos,

HEY!!!! How is everyone doing today? I dont have a ton of time to write so Ill be short. This has been an excellent week here in Honduras. It was incredibly fast!!! Its weird to think that this is the last normal week of this change!!! I had an awesome week here in Honduras, full of funny and spiritual experiences.

Funny experience one,
          I went on divisions this week in the area of our district leader. His area is gorgeous because its in the mountains... but its so dificult because the roads are so steep up and down. Hunter would lose his mind to see some of these longboarding hills. We finishing the day there, and went to a little corner store (called pulperias) to buy some water. As we got there, the local insane man called us "Elders! My servants! I am the God of this world, I am Jesus Christ!" So obviously I was pumped for my 3rd "Jesus Christ Encounter" So I started playing with him, asking him where is his white horse from revelations. He then continued by talking about how hes the ward mission leader for the whole world, and that our stake president, president zelaya, needs to get his permission more before doing things. At that moment we knew," crap! This guys a member!" he then continued talking about his patriachal blessing!!! "WHAT THE?!" hahaha then he tried showing us his garments!!!! BLASPHEMY!!!! But then realized he didnt have them and said "oh, I forgot, I dont need them because my body has already been perfected!" Sooooo we decided to leave before more bystanders heard any more apostasia hahaha Ive been laughing about it ever since. 

So Im very proud of Nicolle this week. She is really playing her part as a member and sharing the gospel. We are now teaching her aunt and her sister. Her aunt is awesome and has really progressed quickly. Its amazing to me to see how the message of the restauration makes so much sense, and that the people who are ready to receive the gospel really feel the truthfulness of the message before we even get talking about the book of mormon. 

I honestly love the Book of Mormon. Therein lies our conversion. Ive noticed here that the people that really progress towards baptism are those who find a love for the book of mormon. It is impossible to read that book and not know it is true. It is impossible to read and not become closer to christ.

All is well here with Elder Ruelas and I. Hes doing awesome and Im really loving training now! its awesome. He is progressing everyday! 

Well, I love you all! I know the church is true.

always,
Elder Hodson 

No comments:

Post a Comment