Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Week 64

Its Finally Starting to Rain

Dearest family and friends,

Its finally starting to rain again here in honduras. which is great because the weather is much fresher. Less sweaty haha

How has everyone been this week? Ive had an incredibly fast week. 

Opening an area is always fun because you get to hear new lies everyday. "Sorry, I already go to a church." "oh yeah? What church do you go to?" "Uhhh..... HONEY!!!! Whats our church called?!" hahahahah it cracks me up. 

Were always finding great people everyday! I love that part. Your faith grows! And for greater faith you see even greater miracles! Contacting is like paying your tithing. God doesnt need your money, he just wants us to exercise our faith to see miracles. The same thing with contacting. Contacts hardly lead to baptisms, but its our way of showing our faith to receive miraculous references from the members. So thats what were waiting on! Showing our faith every day waiting to see those blessings.

Today we had a fun pday and played soccer with the other zone. Funny story, While two teams were playing, I snuck in without anyone knowing and started playing for both teams. It was hilarious. I scored a goal and ran off the field and everyone was so confused. Then we made carne asada with a member. It was a good pday. 

I learned a great lesson this week. We were out contacting, and saw a guy with long hair and all tattooed up. I thought to myself "drug addict" and didnt contact him. We walked by him moments later again and he called out to us in perfect english! His name is Fransisco. Hes extremely friendly, a family man, and from his house you can see the church. He pointed out the church and he said "Ive ALWAYS wanted to visit that church. Theres always been something that calls my attention." So I definitely learned my lesson about not judging ANYONE based on their looks. 

Well. Life is good! heres a photo of my zone. 

Always,
Elder Hodson
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment