Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 62

Dearest Family and Friends,

Sorry I didnt write last week. Totally forgot to write haha let me catch you up on things. 

I GOT CHANGED!!!! FINALLY! Im now here in the state of Yoro. In a city called Santa Rita. It is GORGEOUS!!! I love it. Opening an area is a blast because you just go to work and work your butt off all day and get to see the fruits of your labors! When youre in an area with someone else, they already have some people to teach and tend to visit the same people day after day, but here no! Its a blast really. Im loving it. Im here with a ton of my best buddies in the mission so Im so excited for this change. Weve seen a ton of success this week contacting and working with the members.

My favorite part of this place is that I already know a ton of people! My cook is my last area, Sister Baca, is from santa rita and she would always tell me " elder Hodson youre going to santa rita once youre out of here!" and she was right! So I alreayd met all of her family in my last area and now Im here with them! Her niece is even gonna be my cook in this area! I cant get away from the Baca family! I love it. I activated them in San Juan, and theyre a little less active right now, so Im gonna do the same thing here! Im super happy about it. 

Ive been reading a ton in the book of mormon and ive been reading the war chapters of alma and this time around Ive learned a TON! Most importantly I learned from Alma 56:8 "But I would not suffer them that they should break thiscovenant which they had made, supposing that God wouldstrengthen us, insomuch that we should not suffer morebecause of the fulfilling the oath which they had taken." I learned that it is better that we suffer, than break the convenants we make with God. At times, we may be presented with a job on sundays, or any other situation that may see for our gain, but it is better that we suffer than break our covenants. God will make up the difference ALWAYS.

My comps name is Elder Villegas. Hes one of the most troublesome elders in the mission, and my new assignment is babysitter. In reality, hes a good kid with good intentions, he just has zero people skills, so thats my goal, to help him with his people skills. Hes a good kid. And Im excited to be with him.

I cant believe were already in May! Time is flying. WAY too fast.

Love you all!
Elder Hodson

Fotos,

my dog Confucious in san juan. He was so smart. Never ate our garbage. haha

me and my comp at the park in santa rita. super awesome tree. They kicked us off the swings. jerks. I hope you like my shorts. hahaha Andy gave them to me before I left.




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment