Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Week 42



Feliz Navidad you filthy animals.

Dearest family and friends,

Hows everyone doing? has everyone enjoyed this christmas season so far! This has been the most diferent christmas for me but definitely one of the best. And to top it all off I get to talk with my family! Im so pumped! 

This week was pretty great. As always. Its kinda funny, at this time of the year, everyone is painting their houses for some reason, so Ive become Elder DaVinci! We paint almost everyday and all of our new investigators have come through painting haha one of them is a single mother named Claudia and her 3 children. Theyre GOLDEN. She told us that she loved church and she went this sunday as well even though she had to go to see her dying grandpa but without even having to tell her she came for the first hour before she had to leave. We had an incredibly spiritual lesson when she told us that she feels like this is for her. She feels God has sent us to her! She and her family are progressing super quickly. Its awesome.

We had our multizone conference this week and it was 100% centered on Jesus Christ and his atonement. It was incredibly uplifting! I loved it. Sometimes as missionaries we focus a ton of the church and its organization and restauration and not enough on the atonement of Jesus Christ. I know he is my savior. and I know He Lives.
We had our ward party here in the ward on friday and of course, a ton of less active members showed up just for free food, but of course when sunday comes around they dont have enough money to pay for the bus! Its ridiculous. Well, at least you all know that theres that type of people all around the world! But the party was awesome and very good for the investigators.

This week I heard the strongest testimony ever. We went to go visit the most active members of our area, the flores family, who werent able to go to the temple because brother flores came down with a case of Dengue Fever. Dengue is like having the flu for 10 days. We went to visit him and asked "so tomorrow we imagine you wont be going to church then?" he responded "No way. I dont care what happens to me, I will ALWAYS go to church" I WAS STUNNED!!! My jaw hit the floor. This man is a convert of only a year and a half, is 65 years old, can hardly see, but has faith grander than almost anyone I know. I walked out of that house astonished. Now if only we could help others to understand what he understands!!!

Well. Thats all for this week. I love you all! FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment