Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, December 15, 2014

Week 41

PDAY WEEK
 
Dear family and friends,

This week was just one giant pday! With a ton of activites and mission chores to run I feel like I did nothing in my area! So I dont have much to write, but I hope you enjoy what I have to say.

This week I got to go to San Pedro finally! And finally im not illegal! haha San Pedro is the name of the mission but its actually outside of the mission boundaries. weird right? But that city is so awesome! It was so cool to actually see civilization again! I was actually really baggy. It made me miss the big city of las vegas. But the help me with the bagginess, we went and had an awesome lunch at Chili`s! It made me miss all the lunches ive had there with my family, but it was great to be at that restaurant again.

So I think I had one of the most spiritual experiences of my mission this week. Some of the sisters in my ward had a baptism of an 18 year old girl named Cesia. Shes super cool and wants to serve a mission. I went and had the interview with her. I went through all the questions, but then the spirit told me to go over the word of wisdom again. So i obeyed and it turned out she hadnt totally abandoned coffee. But as we talked I decided that she should go ahead and get baptised. It had been "sufficient time" without drinking. But in reality she wasnt repented of the sin. ALL DAY long afterwards the spirit annoyed me and I knew I had made a mistake. I came to the conclusion at the end of the night that she shouldnt be baptised. But I knew I had to pray and ask before making any decision. At 1030 at night I knelt and asked and felt and heard that she needed to be baptised still. I was so confused! I even asked God if he was sure about that!!! haha I felt a comforting peace that this is what he wanted. So the next day, we got the baptism ready and I said to Sister Urresta (the missionary) that I wasnt gonna let her get baptised but the spirit told me otherwise! It turns out that Urresta was having the same feelings, and she had prayed a short time before me to know what to do, and she received the impression to look at the teaching record, and noticed that not everything had been taught! From there they were able to go visit cesia in the morning and teach her everything that was missing, and Cesia then realized how important the word of wisdom is, truly repented of drinking coffee and boldy declared that she would never drink again. The Lord definitely is part of this work! I had no idea what had happened on Urrestas end of things until the day after, but it goes to show that the Lord was working through the both of us! He blessed me with peace because He knew Urresta and her comp were gonna take care of everything. I love this work! I know its true. I ended up baptising cesia that day.

Always,
Elder Hodson 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment