Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, March 31, 2014

Week 4

So time is moving abnormally fast. I feel as though I wrote home yesterday. So just a heads up. If you want to wrrite me. Write on sundays. That way regardless of my pday I can write back to something haha I think I got 2 emails this week haha but its not a big deal. Honestly I dont know what to write about!!! Life is great. I cant believe these latinos are already leaving. I feel like I hardly knew them compared to our first group. I cant wait to get out into the field!!! I love it here. But I think Im gonna be a million times happier in the field. Its really weird. All of our investigators in the ccm are just for practice, but I still feel so happy when they finally receive an answer! And I know its all just practice! So I cant wait to see what its like to actually teach real people who are ready to receive the true restored gospel!!! So last week we heard from the oldest member of the quorum of the 70. Elder Amado. Hes being released at general conference. Hes been a member of the 70 since 34 years old. Hes been a 70 longer than hes been alive!!!!!! Crazy! But he was awesome. He looks like hes in his 50s. Acts like hes still in his 40s. He told me I have a nice suit haha I really enjoyed his talk. It was just about getting us excited to be out in the field.
 
So Im really sad! Were losing one of our teachers this week because shes going back to vegas to see her old converts and then going up to general conference. We all love our teachers. Theyre all amazing. One of our night time teachers is only a year older than me but just got home from his mission in salt lake. Hes hilarious. Every piece of advice he gives us, he always starts by saying "If you learn this, it will change your life. And you will baptize thousands." All while holding up his pointer finger like an apostle. I think he'll end up being a general authority down here.
 
So last night, I really decided. I want to go to bed every night in the mission, 100% exhausted from working my butt off. Every morning Im gonna pop out of bed and Im going to commit to be the most dilligent missionary I can be. Im going to baptize every week on my mission.
 
So tomorrow we get to leave the CCM and go on a tour of guatemala city! Im super excited. I should be able to take pictures, so Ill send some home next week. Hopefully haha. Dont worry. I look the same. Im not losing or gaining any weight.
 
Love you all. Youre in my prayers. Share the gospel with everyone you meet. They might not accept. But who cares?
 
Elder Hodson

No comments:

Post a Comment