Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Week 2

So all the days mesh together and I feel like I just wrote you last week. I dont know what Im gonna say so this letter might be short.So the reason Im writing today is because I get to go to Walmart tomorrow and we wont have time to write. Pretty pumped about getting out of el ccm for a few hours! haha  As of tomorrow my district will be the oldest district in el CCM. All the other gringos will be leaving! I get made zone leader tomorrow, which means absolutely nothing. haha I love being a missionary! Theres nothing better! Spanish is coming along great. So today were on an english fast. Its gonna be awesome to go a whole day in espanol. I love how much we are forced to speak spanish here because all of the latinos only speak spanish so it helps a ton.
We now are teaching two investigators. the hardest thing for me as a missionary is finding peoples needs. Finding how the gospel will bless their lives. But Im getting better and better everyday. My companion is much better than I am at that. Even though we know our investigators are fake, the spirit that we feel in the lesson is entirely real and it feels so amazing to be able to testify of the truthfulness of the gospel!
So my district is amazing. Weve all grown together and laugh constantly with eachother. Which is weird because we wouldnt hang out outside of the mission. Maybe I could see 2 here or 2 there hanging out, but being a district of 7 always together, you quickly become best friends.
My companion and I got to teach our sunday school class with all the english speakers yesterday, and we didnt prepare till like 10 minutes before because we totally forgot we might be called on. But we still did really good! The spirit definitely helped us. Goes to show how much easier teaching in english is right now!!! haha but we'll get it.
 
One funny story before I go. Last week after we wrote emails we went out to the sports courts and all the Latinos were playing volleyball and basketball. So as we walked in I announced at the top of my lungs "LOS GRINGOOOOOOSSSSS" and they all cheered and welcomed us in. The latinos love joking with the gringos. haha
 
Well. Lifes good. I love it here. The spirit of the Lord is ever present. Im striving to always be willingly obedient and dilligent. I love you all.
 
Elder Hodson.

No comments:

Post a Comment