Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Thursday, March 27, 2014

First Letter!

I breathed a sigh of relief when this email came the next day... knowing that he had arrived in Guatemala safe & sound and that he was doing well did this mom's heart good!!
****************************************************************************

Soooooooo today has been crazy!!!! But I am super excited and I love
the Guatemala CCM!!! My flight over was absolutely terrible. Couldn't
sleep at all!!! Too uncomfortable. And plus there was a giant hispanic
bear next to me snoring haha Guatemala City is absolutely gorgeous!!!
PERFECT weather too. On the way to the CCM I saw two hilarious things,
a bus so overflowing with people they were hanging on by the windows.
Then I saw a motorcycle and the passenger was holding a pump shotgun.
I laughed really hard. Everyone rides motorcycles down here. And
theyre all crazy drivers! ha The CCM is SO nice! nice tile everywhere,
nice comfy beds, the real deal! I like it better than provo for sure.
The food is actually amazing. We had real carne asada tacos for lunch.
Super delicious. The mtc is really small, and theres only about 15
"nortes" (gringos). The MTC president is super awesome, hes got some
weird rules but hes really nice and will get to know all of us 6
weekers. They let us take an hour and a half nap after breakfast.
Super nice. My companions name is Elder Miklia. Hes 18 (Im the oldest
missionary here!) Hes pretty quiet and mellow but hes a good guy. I
think ive already offended him a little by my bluntness. Ill win him
back though. Spanish is awesome, but my portuguese is messing me up!
Ill make the change though. Ill work hard to become fluent as fast as
possible! My teacher is awesome, shes from guatemala and served in the
Las Vegas east mission. She let us play basketball to help learn the
alphabet! my district is only 7 people which is super nice. I dont
even feel like I ever left the mtc a year ago! I feel absolutely
amazing and I love being a missionary even though its only been a day.
I love you so much!
              Elder Hodson

1 comment:

  1. You certainly won him over Elder Hodson. He's had nothing but praise for his first companion. All of our best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete