Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Week 3

Dang. Its so bittersweet. When youre working hard and are happy, things go fast. But when youre happy, you dont want them to go fast!!! Thats why Im excited about living in the eternities with our father in heaven. We'll be so happy, and we never have to worry about how much time we have left.
 
So week 3. Its been a good week. First of all hangers are the best invention. I never have to iron my shirts!!!!!!! Its awesome. We got new latino roommates this week and I miss our old ones so much. The old ones were always in bed on time, very funny, and never woke up before 615. These new ones are all good guys, but they want to wake up at 6 for no reason!!!!  haha But its all good. Theyre fun still.
 
Being Zone Leader is fun. But it feels like im babysitting most of the time. But hey. Whatre you gonna do?
 
So our teachers are turning up the heat on us as our investigators. They are really making us work and prepare and then will throw a giant curve ball into our lessons. Its good to stretch and improve and know how to handle those stressful situations before we enter the mission field. I think the hardest for me since ive been here hasnt been the language, or nervousness to talk to people (we all know I love to talk). For me, its been so difficult to learn how to ask inspired questions. Im terrible at listening to the spirit! Its definitely been humbling to figure out that I need to shut up and let the spirit talk. But finally, last night, I was able to ask an inspired question. It felt great to be able finally hear him speak to me. Im grateful to be able to have this weakness, so that later it can become a strength. Now I just wonder what my next struggle will be.
 
Elder Miklia and I are finally really close. Were constantly teasing each other. We struggle a little in lessons because Im a nervous talker and when he gets nervous he gets quiet. But we laugh all day long at the stupidest things. He got made DL when I got made ZL so we both are always super busy.
 
This week, I finally understood Christs teaching "behold the lillies". God grows the lillies, he feeds the birds, he clothes the grass, and are we not far greater than all of those things? If we put God first, and then after serving him, we work hard, he will take care of our physical needs.
 
Well. I love you all.

Elder Hodson
 
PS. I taught the elders here how to play 4square for real. And Im still the king. Ill never be stopped. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment