Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 78

Im 22

Dearest Family and Friends,

Feeling real baggy today cuz its my birthday. But whatever I love birthdays in the mission theyre a blast! This year has been a little lame because no one knows me here in this area, but its better because theres no drama. For my birthday we went out to Trujillo! Trujillo is a famous city in honduras and was the first capital. There, they defended against the spanish ships from some sweet cannons on a hill. Its a nice beach but really not worth 3 hours in a bus but everyone goes at least once in their mission so its all good. Had a great time with my friends as always. Tonight Im gonna treat my comp to a sweet dinner at the nicest restaurant in Olanchito, the plates are worth a gran total of 10$?! ridiculous huh ;) ;) hahah

This week was great. We saw a ton of miracles as always. We have AWESOME people right now and we're doing our best to keep finding more and more! One of my favorite new people is a couple named Heber and Minea. Heber has never learned anything about religion so its so awesome to just teach basically and open minded atheist and watch the light enter into his eyes when we teach him the truth!

The highlight of this week was that Elder Russel M Nelson came to tegucigalpa and we got to watch him via satelite in La Ceiba! When we went to Ceiba I got to visit one convert, Lina! Shes doing AWESOME! shes the ward Young Womens president and is doing AWESOME!!!

Elder Nelson got me so pumped! IM 100% convinced that he is an apostle of the lord Jesus Christ. The spirit testifies of his every word! He shared a spiritual experience that the apostles rarely share. He told us of a vision he recently had! He said that he had done heart surgery on two girls 50 years ago. Those two girls are now dead, and in a dream, they appeared to Elder Nelson. He recognized them immediately by name. They told him they were afflicted because they hadnt been sealed to anyone! So Elder Nelson went in search of their family. He found their father, still alive, 88 years old, who had been a deacon inactive for 76 years. He found him and exhorted him to go to the temple and be sealed to his two daughters. HOW COOL IS THAT?! I loved that story and the importance it is of going to the temple.

Recently in my mission ive been able to more fully understand the need for a family. God needs us to be sealed in the temple and to bring those spirits into this world, and he needs those spirits to be born in the covenant, because it almost secures their salvation! I NOW UNDERSTAND WHY MORMONS HAVE SO MANY KIDS!!!! hahahaha And I understand how important it is to help our heavenly father bring to pass his plan. When we help him with his plan, he helps us with ours!!!

I love you all! I hope all is well. The mission is the greatest, and I will never stop pushing! NEVER!!!!

Always,
Elder Hodson
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment