Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 75

I <3 Olanchito

Dearest Family and Friends,

I LOVE OLANCHITO!!! this place is the greatest. Im finally in another good ward where the people love the missionaries!!!! its so awesome! we have great leaders here and I dont feel like this ward depends on the elders! its awesome! But the other great thing is that the stake presidency, even though theyre chalked full with great leaders, still include us in all the details! As the ZLs they invite us to all their meetings and really do appreciate our input! They took us to two excellent dinners this week just because! One was a steak house in olanchito and the other was a seafood restaurant on the beach in trujillo! Saturday was such a blast because it was just one big road trip! We went out to trujillo, the other end of the zone, to do a big ol family history fair. and we just drove with the presidency and joked around and took us to dinner after and we came home late saturday night. I really do admire these men as leaders, because I respect and love them. I want to be around them because they can joke around and get it done all at the same time. Theyre awesome. 

We also had divisions this week! thats the worst part about being ZL is that your area suffers. Because were in a trio we were able to do divisions with our 3 DLs at the same time. I went out to Tocoa with Elder Christopherson from california. That kid is a WORK HORSE! ive never met someone who can walk so fast! He kicked my butt! I learned a lot from him. 

Our zone is a little low at the moment. I got here at a critical time. BUT IM SO PUMPED TO MAKE THIS ZONE THE BEST ZONE IN THE MISSION!!!! i know its possible. With all that I learned in my last area, I know that we can lift this zone up and make it incredible! We have a goal of 26 baptisms this month and a zone and I know we can hit it! 

I talked with elder measles today from santa rita and he informed me that several of my investigators from my last area are progressing amazingly and will soon be getting baptised! That warmed my soul to know that all my work didnt go to waste. 

Well.. Im loving life! And I love you all! Only 6 more fast sundays! Can you believe that?!?! TIME FLIES!

Always,
Elder Hodson
 
ps... and a little update on the Ortez family
 
Dunia, my convert from san juan, gave her testimony at stake conference this sunday in La Lima. She bore such a powerful testimony that our mission President was supposed to speak after her, but President Klein had no words after what she had said. Man am I glad I had the will power to get out of bed on that terribly sick day and teach that family. This work is true.

the guy here is brother cano. Our stake secretary. Hes the coolest. And super jacked haha 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment