Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 29

The Craziest Week of my Life

Dearest family and friends,

Ive probably started a million emails with that subject, but I definitely had the craziest day of my life this week! 

On friday we had 4 baptisms! It was absolutely the greatest baptismal service. 3 of the 4 are a family I have been working with for 6 months, the family we did the barbecue for! The 4th is Lina! So let me tell ya how crazy this weekend was. 

Friday morning, we went to the courthouse to get them married. That felt incredibly nuts because marrying someone here is so hard! So when we showed up to the courthouse, their marriage hall was occupied so they had no place to marry the people! So of course us missionaries set up all their chairs outside, found tables, and hung white curtains. It was a good thing we came to the courthouse an hour early, because they wouldnt have been able to do it without us. So we got Hector and Reina married, then in the afternoon went to the chapel to get everything ready. We showed up and there was no power in that sector. Which means no running water. We put our stuff down and sat in silence for a minute. I felt that I should, so as I stood to tell Elder Ruelas that we should pray, before I could say any words, the power came back on. Which is a miracle here in Honduras, because when the light goes out, its out for hours. So we got everything ready for the baptism, and6 oclock was drawing near, and Lina hadnt showed up yet. But yet, I wasnt worried at all. I knew the Lord would make up for what we couldnt do. 10 minutes before 6 she showed up and informed us that, she almost didnt come! Her mother is 80 years old and super crazy, and wasnt letting her leave the house. But Lina decided to abandon her crazy mother and get baptized! The service went perfect and after wards they all bore their testimonies, which for me is the greatest part. 

But the miracles dont stop there. Sunday, we gave all 4 the holy ghost and in priesthood, the bishop gave Hector the priesthood, and then Hector had the chance to give his son the priesthood afterwards! It was so awesome! Nothing is cooler than seeing someone you love so much exercise his priesthood for the first time!!! 

So yeah. I cant tell you how incredible it feels to be a missionary. Im suffering from a fever right now, and it doesnt even matter! Im still on cloud nine! 

I love you all! Here are the photos from the baptism. I have more pictures that ill send in another email. I know this work is true, and I know this is the true Church of Christ! 

Always,
Elder Hodson

No comments:

Post a Comment