Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Week 28

HEYHEYHEYYY!!!!

whats up family and friends? Hope alls well in the states! Today we are celebrating Honduras´s independence day, so we had an awesome parade this morning. It was a blast. But I wont lie, I now know what was said about ammon and his brothers in the lamanite territory "Strangers in a strange land" EVERYONE STARES AT ME!!!! Its like Im an alien!!! When Im in normal mission clothes, nobody stares. But in normal people clothes, i feel like im a zoo animal! haha 

We had an awesome week! It went super fast. I love the mission, but then it starts to go so fast and Im like "whoa. slow down" Last pday, after we wrote home, We went out to this touristic pier. It was awesome. Super romantic! hahaha definitely awkward for 4 dudes to be there together. So we made the best of it and took titanic photos. (See attached photos) Super funny. But Honduras defnitely is a beautiful country. So while we were there, a group of teenage girls asked me to take a photo of them, and being the social butterfly that I am, I glady accepted. And when the camera opened, it was on selfie mode. Of course I made the best of that situation and took a selfie hahaha now hopefully that little bit of joking around will open up a door for one of those girls in the future to accept the missionaries! I saw when they looked at the selfie. they all got a good laugh. No shame! haha 

So Im getting very close to having 6 months in this area, so its quite probable that Ill leave here in 2 weeks. But, regarldess, Im not gonna do to Ruelas what Perdomo did to me and leave me hanging with no investigators! We are working hard to find new investigators every week to keep a steady flow of investigators who are gonna progress to baptism. Weve worked our butts off these 3 months and finally were seeing the fruits! I should leave this area with a bang, 4 baptisms this friday and 3 baptisms the next saturday. The joy of missionary work are unmeasurable! 

I had my testimony of priesthood blessings strengthened this week. Saturday night we went to Lina´s house because we heard her son eduardo was sick. We knew that if he was sick Sundaymorning, she wouldnt be able to be baptized this week. We ran over there around 7, and he was running a huge fever. We gave him a blessing, and immediately his fever started coming down. By 9 oclock that night his fever had fully dropped. The next morning, I was quite nervous. We had already sung the opening hymn, and Lina hadnt showed up yet. But to my surprise, during the opening prayer, she walked in, little 6 year old eduardo following behind. Happy as can be! 

Well. I love this work! And I love the Lord! I know he payed for our sins. I know this is his kingdom on the earth. I love you all! Hope all is well. If there is anything I can do here to help any of you. Let me know!

Always,
Elder Hodson









No comments:

Post a Comment