Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 17

Dearest family and friends,

How is everyone doing?! Hope all is well in the states! I heard we are fighting with Russia for the north pole? How funny. Dont they know that Santa Claus is German? haha silly world we live in. 

So this week was great! A little disappointing. We were supposed to have the baptism of 3 this week, but the day before hand their parents said no. The ridiculous part is they dont live with their parents. they live with their aunt. THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THEIR PARENTS BIRTHDAY!!! It blows my mind that they can abandon their children and have nothing to do with their lives, but can stop their childs progression. But besides that, this week was great!
Tuesday we woke up at 330 and went to San Pedro, where we had a conference with Elder Ochoa, a member of the area presidency here in central america. It was really great. But i have a funny story about it. We were told to prepare a 5 to 10 minute talk about Faith and repentance. Of course I decided that sleep was more important than preparation, so I just thought of a few scriptures and went to bed. The next day, I really didnt want to lug around my heavy spanish BofM and Bible, so I just brought my english mini scriptures. As soon as we got into the meeting and sat down, I knew. I turned to my friend Elder Zhingre and said "If I talk, Im gonna need your scriptures" Lo and behold, the assistant to the president called my name to give a talk in spanish in front of a general authority, my president, and 200 of my peers. needless to say I was nervous. but the spirit helped me and all was well. I actually spoke about my little brother Hunter! I spoke about the miracle that occurred in his life and for his repentance and conversion! I cant tell you all how proud I am of my little brother Hunter. I know hes going to be an amazing missionary. Now I know that me being sent home from my mission was not just to help me but to help Hunter as well. My testimony was strengthened this week so much by my little brother, thousands of miles away! 

This week was incredibly quick and it is scary how fast the mission is flying by! My favorite experience this week came this Saturday, as we sat down with an investigator named Nicoll, who we have been teaching for 4 or 5 months. She is a SAINT!!! She was introduced to the church by her boyfriend, Ramon, and she is 16 years old. Her parents refuse to sign for her baptism, but it doesnt discourage her. She hasnt missed a sunday since Ive been in this area and right now isnt just studying the scriptures, she is FEASTING upon them! Shes in 2nd Nephi, and she made a poster of 2nd Nephi 4:28 which happens to be my mission scripture! She is noticing tiny details about the Book of Mormon that neither Elder Perdomo and I have noticed (for example; Nephi had sisters). We are trying our hardest to talk with and serve her parents, and we have faith that she will be baptized. Its hard to see someones eternal progression halted by someone else, but her faith is unwaivering and its a great lesson learned. 

The mission is wonderful, the blessings are innumerable, and the happiness is incredible.

Love always,
Elder Hodson

Photo: My home made gym. gettin swoll, Honduran style.


No comments:

Post a Comment