Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 16

Dear family and friends,

This week was scary fast. Quite frankly this week was hilarious. I had plenty of first this week. SO I have 3 funny stories this week.

1- Weve been teaching a women named Abigail for about a month. Shes hilarious. And she apparently read up to alma 47 in the Book of Mormon. Shes 31 years old I think. But this week she had the chance to have a coyote take her to the states so of course she left. But before she left she asked me to marry her when I come home from my mission. It was pretty funny. I answered politely and said that marriage if very sacred to me and I dont play around with it ahah but after that lesson it was apparent that the only thing she has wanted from us was a visa to the united states. pretty sad, because I know shes gonna end up living in the streets because shes lazy and living in the states is expensive. oh well! 

2- I have too much confidence in dogs. haha we went to a members home for dinner last night. they have a dog. they said he was friendly. so I tried to pet him. he didnt like it. My first dog bite of the mission. But dont worry hes up to date with all his shots so I dont have rabies haha I need to be more careful I know. Im not the dog whisperer I thought I was. haha

3- The power went out in basically all of Honduras for 12 hours one night this week. Went the power goes out at night we have to go back to our house. So E.Perdomo and I played 4 hours of UNO haha it really "strengthened our companionship" ;) haha 

So my favorite story this week is about a man named Yasil. Hes my age and has a baby and a wife. He prayed to know if the Book Of Mormon is true, and received and answer. Hes quite awesome. Something simple but awesome happened this week with him. Because the power went out, he didnt eat dinner the night before. nor breakfast the morning of church. Now, when something like this happens, usually the person wont go to church. But not Yasil. It didnt matter. He still went (wearing a pair of my pants, Im already starting to get rid of my things) and really enjoyed. I can feel how bright his future is in the gospel. People like him are what the work is all about. Bien vale la pena. 

This morning I read elder Hollands talk from conference. I regret not being as bold as I should have been in defending my religion before my mission. I exhort you all to read his talk again, and apply it in your life. Always love the people you talk with, but show your love for the Lord through defending righteousness.

I love the Lord. And I love my brothers and sisters here in Honduras.

Elder Hodson

No comments:

Post a Comment