Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, June 9, 2014

Week 14

Dearest Family and Friends,

How is everyone? Hope all is well in each of your lives. I pray for all of you always!

This week. Wow. I cant tell you how wonderful it was. We worked our butts off this week and taught 30 lessons. I am tired. And I am so happy. The sweet spirit we enjoy is so worth all the sweat and tired feet. Right now we have 13 people with baptismal dates. And theyre all very firm investigators. Ill have the wonderful opportunity to be here for all of their baptisms. I hope. We got a new rule that every missionary will be in their area for at least 6 months. So Im excited to stay here for a while. 

Today was an AWESOME pday! We went to the beach this morning! Played Soccer and Volleyball with our zone. the mission is so awesome. So fun. Yeah we couldnt go swimming but it was awesome to be on the atlantic ocean for the first time in my life! And I got to play frisbee today. it was so awesome. My arm hurts. I took pictures, dont worry, (Mom ;) )

So we had an incredibly spiritual lesson this week. Our investigator, Margot, referred us to her son, Yasil, and his wife: His nephew was killed 2 months ago. They were like brothers, and before he died, he was always telling his family to seek for God. Ever since his death Yasil has been searching. Every time hes invited to a church he never feels the desire to attend. But in our lesson he stopped us to tell us this story and that He really feels the need to attend church with us and to read the Book of Mormon. My testimony keeps growing stronger and stronger that those who are searching really will find it. Then that night Elder Perdomo and I had an amazing talk about obedience. It was so spiritual. He is very obedient, he just struggles with the want to be obedient. It was amazing to help him see the real joy in obedience. He also has had a struggle with the doctrine of the plan of salvation and why God would send us to the earth if he already knew which of us he was going to lose. Weve talked on this topic almost everynight the last 2 months and finally, the spirit was able to testify to him through my words that we couldnt progress in the life before this one. That progression is why were here. Yes some of us wont live in gods presence in the next life, but that the progression we enjoy here and the presence we will enjoy in the next life were worth the risk to us in the life before this one. Our talk was incredibly spiritual and life changing.
The gospel has been restored. The plan of Salvation is perfect. I know that I am on the Lords errand. I love you all.

Elder Hodson
 


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment