Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, May 5, 2014

Week 9

Dear family and friends,

2 months. crazy to think I only have 11 more of what Ive already done.... IT ALREADY SCARES ME!!!! I love it so much here. The mission is so amazing. So as of right now we have some pretty amazing investigators, and I wanna talk about two. Familia Davila is a great hard working family who are 1000% golden. They are so prepared to receive the gospel. They need to get married and we´ll head straight to the baptismal service! haha. Last night we had a lesson with them in the pouring rain on someones porch. Super awesome. We were basically shouting to hear each other. When it rains here, IT POURS. Honduras really is a beautiful country. Basically everyone has a giant green tree on their property. Im super jealous because at home we live in a desert. 

Our other very special investigator is Fernando. Hes 14, hilarious, a giant of a teenager, and basically my surrogate little brother. I love that kid. Hes ALWAYS prepared and dressed to go to church and mutual. Hes awesome. And for the first time in my mission, I was able to see in someones eyes that they knew that the Book of Mormon was true and that they wanted to be baptized. My comp sat back and let me invite him to baptism and set the date. May 17 cant come soon enough!!! Were working with his mom, shes a little aprehensive, but in a good loving motherly way. The book of Mormon is so true and Ive already seen the change in peoples eyes. That one experience made every drop of sweat this week worth it.

Funny story. I have two. We started playing a game I played in high school called Birdman where we put our hands on our face (see attached photo) and if we make direct eye contact with another person they have to stop EVERYTHING theyre doing and do a push up. so funny all the time in the street and its a hilarious ice breaker with new investigators.

2nd. We were in a lesson with a girl named fabiola, and her two neighbors, who are absolutely nuts. Fabiola recieved an answer to her prayers about the book of mormon, and I wanted to talk about that with her. As we were trying to talk, one neighbor, maria, would interrupt and say something insane like "I met a man who had 5 bibles and the bibles transformed into a snake and a girl with large tusks" SCHWAT THE HECK?!?!?! After dismissing that question we continued on only to be interrupted by the other neighbor who wanted to flirt with us. Needless to say I was super frustrated, and the whole time Elder Perdomo couldnt say anything because if he opened his mouth he would lose his mind laughing. So I was left out to dry, in the strangest lesson of my life. Pretty hilarious.


Still, the church is true. The mission is the greatest. I fall asleep everynight tired, but incredibly happy.

Well family and friends. Love you all! 

Elder Hodson

No comments:

Post a Comment