Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, April 28, 2014

Week 8

"Fastest Week of My Life"


I cant believe Im sitting in this beautifully air conditioned building again. ahhhh christmas all over again. haha Linkin Park is playing in the mall. always a little taste of america. haha

Family and friends!!!! Im super happy for all the letters I received today! Thanks for all of that. So pretty much the mission is the happiest Ive ever been. Simply put. yes, its hard hot sweaty itchy and at times disappointing. but everynight I fall asleep happy every night. And I sleep DEEP everynight. My dreams are always hilarious.

So yesterday mightve been one of the best days of my life. We brought 8 investigators to church! It was fun walking with a small army of people into the chapel, stressing to find people to be their friends, but it turned out great. Being able to see people progress in the gospel brings the greatest amount of joy to your soul. 

So basically, we witnessed the funniest thing this week. I met black jesus. He says that when he first came to the earth he was white, but now hes black for the sins of the world. super hilarious. and as we were walking he stood up and shouted three times "vengame caballo blanco de los apocolypsos!!!" which means "come to me white horse of revelations!" He wears an orange jumpsuit and glasses that only have the frames. Probably one of the funniest things of my life. 

This week I learned the importance of agency. Its frustrating at times to see people who know the book of mormon  is true but dont believe that they need to be baptized because their faith is sufficient. But I learned this week that everyone has their agency. Trying to force it only drives them farther away. But we also have our agency. And since we have our agency, we can choose for ourselves how we will react to others decisions. We can always decide that even though someone else isnt choosing the correct path or what we think to be best, we can still keep our happy attitudes. Because we have the fulness of the gospel. Well Im sorry for my short letters. Ill try my best to write more next week.

Oh one more funny story. Today on the way home from soccer, we piled 9 people into a tiny little toyota corolla. Taxistas here are crazy. 

Love you all! I have no pics this week, so just enjoy my beautiful face. haha

Elder Hodson
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment