Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 11

So this week was weird. But still great! It was weird because I WAS COLD! It rained a ton this week, so when it wasnt raining it was quite nice! and in the night it was actually cold! I TURNED OFF MY FAN!!!!!! haha quite strange. haha

so last pday we bought some terrible ugly ties and a pokemon hat. for like 50 cents. super awesome. attached are the photos. things are always fun here haha. 

So first, my funny story. We were in a lesson at night on a porch. and this drunk guy came and says "Im jesus the christ. and the 3rd day i was ressurected but on the 4th day I sinned, I drank beer." he then proceeded to pull out a mini conch shell on a necklace and play us a little song. I was in absolute shock. But I about peed my pants. haha 

This week I want to testify of the power and authority that we hold as missionaries. And because we have this power and authority, we should exercise our faith and be bold in our lessons. I can now testify that being bold in lessons really does work. and that when we are bold, people can feel our authority, and their walls inside their minds come down. Of course, we must be loving, but when we are bold, we demonstrate that our faith is unshakeable and then in turn our faith is strengthened from bearing a bold testimony. Be bold. People can sense if we have fear of sharing the gospel. Fear is the opposite of faith. I know that all of you can have success in sharing the gospel if you will be bold with your friends and family. Not harsh. Loving and bold.

For example, we taught a couple whose grandchild had been murdered. we taught them plan of salvation and she absolutely believed and received peace from her suffering. Our next lesson we taught the restoration. Very quickly she said "I think its great what you teach but I go to an evangelic church" I responded with "Sister, believe that the plan of salvation is true?" "yes of course" she responded. I continued " Sister, The church of jesus christ of latter day saints is the only church has this knowledge. And the only church that has the authority of God to baptize. And the only church on this earth that Jesus Christ leads". We saw in her eyes that her mental walls broke down and the lesson went amazing after wards. 

Well. The mission is awesome. If any of you have desires to serve. You are called to the work. If you dont have that desire. Read the Book of mormon. Pray. And gain the desire. 

Love you all

Elder Hodson

No comments:

Post a Comment