Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week 82

A slap in the face week

Dearest Family and Friends,

This week was crap!!!!!! I got sick on monday, almost crapped my pants in the street. hahaha so that was fun. And the rest of the week was just a bunch of lessons fallen through because of the festivities! But the whole week was leading up to saturday, when we were gonna have our half pday with president klein!

And of course I got sick again. A dramatic change in the weather threw me for a huge allergy attack. so I couldnt even enjoy the day playing with the other missionaries! So that was super lame. But the bright side is that the zone enjoyed their day and they all seem excited to work harder with a visit from president! So Im happy that they got to enjoy their day. 

But not all was lost! Sunday was a good day! We had our branch conference! It was really good and the coolest part was that an excommunicated member, charlie, got rebaptized on sunday! So that was awesome to see someone who has worked so hard for 5 years to make it back! He has a real testimony. And he was called as a teacher for gospel principles so its pretty awesome. At church we talked about obedience in one class and pride in the other and the lessons were super spiritual.

All the time I spent sick and all the lessons fallen through had really got me down in the dumps, but at church I realized that I need to change some things and that Ill be able to pull myself out of this slump! I need to be more humble! I need to lose my pride and be more loving, of everyone! And I need to step up my obedience and my level of work. Ive taken a step back as a missionary and I havent been working as hard as I should be these last 2 weeks and havent been studying much, but Im ready to cut the crap and get my butt into gear and kill myself these next 5 months. 

But this has been a priceless lesson ive learned. We CANNOT go backwards in this life! There are times where were not working as good as others because we havent progressed there yet, but we feel great as we are progressing, but theres absolutely nothing worse than going backwards! Its a terrible feeling to go backwards, and its something I never again want in my mission. I refuse to go backwards!
Well, I love you all! Keep progressing in your lives!

always,
Elder Hodson 1

pics: My 3 kids in my zone! 
        Me my comp and mission president with all of our priesthood leaders. I admire these men! Theyre so awesome! And all their suits were provided by donations from my dad!!! He sent me 9 suits to give away to all my priesthood leaders. Isnt he awesome?
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment