Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Week 47

Dearest family and friends,

This has been an excellent week! And a terrible week!

Lets start with the terrible first.

EVERYONE IN HONDURAS IS SICK! haha when the flu or cold hits, it hits everyone. So on thursday I got hit with a hard fever and so did my comp. I was fine by friday. The Hondurans dont have quite as strong of a defense system so when they get sick theyre sick for like a week at a time. 

Terrible part 2. All of the sisters in my district got sick! Sister Trujillo got hit with a fever so hard her platelets dropped to 5%! yeah she was in grave danger. her parents flew down from utah to see her today. Its been very hard on her. The other two sisters got hit with the flu and the last sister got hit with an asthma attack!!! They were all hospitalized together in the space of 2 days! It was crazy. So weve been helping them out a lot. I truly do care for my sisters as if they were my daughters, so it pains me to see them in the hospital! 

okay. Now lets get to the good parts.

Thursday when I was sick, we had a lesson with a reference scheduled at 4. at 3 I woke up from a nap and felt terrible and no part of me wanted out of that bed. But a drawing force was calling me towards that lesson! Boy I am glad I got out of bed! A GOLDEN FAMILY!!!! Theyre incredibly intelligent, the mom is a teacher, and her daughters ask the smartest questions Ive ever heard! What type of 12 year old confronts a pastor to ask him what he has prophesied that has come true?! The daughters are the ones who tell their mother that all of the evangelic churches are false! Their last name is Pineda. Remember those 101 acts of service we gave? Were still seeing those fruits! She told us that she saw us carrying bags of groceries for a pregnant women, and that she was suprised to see that it was pure good will, not because we were going to teach or enter into their home! She told us she was blown away by our example of service. 

Good part 2. Probably one of the coolest experiences, I got to witness my convert, Elkin, baptize his family on saturday! The baptism went great and the spirit was there present. Before the baptism, his mom Carolina was super nervous, so nervous she wanted to leave the building! But after her baptism, she bore such a sweet and sincere testimony about how proud she feels to have been baptized. She also says that she at that moment had received a true deep testimony that the church was true. What a special baptism this was for me! 

Well. This will be my last week with my comp, Elder Chicaiza! We're gonna work hard to help him finish strong in this area! I love this work!

Always,
Elder Hodson
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment