Mission Zone

Mission Zone

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Week 96

Dearest Family and Friends,

How is everyone doing? weve had a great week this week. Last week I got to speak with my family! That sure was awesome. And Baggy. but I loved it. 

We have great investigators right now. My highest hopes are for a young man named Eric. His younger brother is a recent convert. Eric is 23 and LOVES the Book of Mormon. And he actually understands everything that he reads. Hes awesome. 

Well. This change is coming to an end. Im gonna miss Elder De Leon. Hes been the greatest companion ive ever had. But Im pumped for next change because were gonna have a few changes in the mission! My area is gonna get bigger and better! president klein wants us to have the best area in the whole mission so that all other missionaries can come to our area and see what were doing and then do it in their areas! Im pumped really. That means no more traveling for me! No more sleeping on the ground and sweating in busses! haha! its gonna be fun. and the work is gonna be great because in stead of our area suffering from traveling so much, our area is gonna flourish. 

In this new year, ive been pondering on what I can do better than the year before. Its been a struggle for me, because in this last year, Ive only had a fraction of the baptisms I had in my first year, and I cant explain why! But thanks to a nice indirect call to repentance from president klein, I understand why. The past year I fell into a trap of pride! Ive thought that a missionary is the one who does the work. He is the one who finds the investigator and thanks to his teaching skills, they get baptized. ive focused in on my ability to teach and put in second place the book of mormon and revelation. But Hey! The good news about the atonement is that its never too late to change! It doesnt matter when we change, what matters is that when we finally realize our errors, that we change them as soon as possible! So thats what Ive been doing the past few weeks. Ive really focused in on teaching how I used to teach when I was young in the mission. Much more focused on the Book of Mormon and them praying. I have put my trust in that miraculous book and its power to convince the children of men. As missionaries, we do not have that power! 

For example. I went on divisions this week with a companionship in my district. We went to go teach a philosphy professor. He clearly wanted to fight over the book of mormon and discredit it, and normally in my mission I wouldve fought to the death defending the book but I wouldnt have let it speak for itself! But We decided to just read instead. He then expressed his desires to conquer his addiction to alcohol, so we left him Mosiah 27 to read and left. They then informed me that this man had read the chapter and that it changed his heart. He no longer looks to fight, but now he looks forward to learning more from the book and from them. I know that we do not have the power to do anything, but the Book of Mormon works miracles! 

 I love this Book. I could never deny the power it has had in my personal life. Share it with those around you! Dont be shy! 

Love you all!
Elder Hodson

Pic. All of the Las Vegas Elders! 2 are zls, 1 is a DL, and the youngest in the mission is already training! REPRESENT LAS VEGAS!!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment